Bus to Badaling Great Wall
Badaling is the best preserved part of the Great Wall. Most tourist buses go to the Badaling section. Deshengmen Gate is a transportation hub in Beijing. Many public buses depart from here. It takes a 10-minute walk from Jishuitan station exit B (subway line 2) to Deshengmen Gate. Beware that you don’t take a private bus at Deshengmen. Fare for these private buses is much higher. The drivers can charge you hundreds of Yuans for a ride.
Bus 877 is a tourist bus to Badaling. The non-stop journey is one hour and the fare is 12 Yuan. The first bus from Deshengmen to Badaling is leaving at 6.00 and the last bus at 12.30. The last 877 bus from Badaling to Deshengmen Gate is 16.30/17.00. Bus 877 stops in Badaling nearby an entrance of the Great Wall (10 minutes walking).
The public bus 919 is also driving to Badaling. Compared with bus line 877 it has several disadvantages. The journey is 2 hours because it’s a public bus. The bus is crowded and the fare is the same as the tourist bus 877 (12 Yuan). The drop off is also 2.5km from the Great Wall.
Train to the Great Wall
The trains leave from Beijing North Railway Station. It is 80 minutes to Badaling. Fare is 6 Yuan. Tickets are sold on the railway station. The entrance of the Great Wall is nearby the station in Badaling.
Beijing public bus
Public buses are cheap (1-2Yuan) but often crowded. The official website of the public bus is www.bjbus.com but it’s in Chinese language only.
Beijing long distance bus stations
– Bawangfen Long-Distance Bus Station, Chang’an Avenue (Tianjin, Baotou, Shenyang, Dalian,Changchun, Harbin)
– Liuliqiao Long-Distance Bus Station (Zhengzhou, Hohhot, Dalian)
– Muxiyuan Long-Distance Bus Station, No.199, Haihutun, Fengtai District (Nanjing, Jinan, Hangzhou, Wenzhou)
– Sihui Long-Distance Bus Station,No.68, Jianguo Lu, Chaoyang District, (Changchun, Chengde, Dalian, Liaoyang, Tianjin) – Xianglong Zhaogongkou Long-Distance Bus Station (Harbin, Tianjin, Chengde, Shanghai)
– Zhaogongkou Long-Distance Bus Station (Cangzhou, Jinan, Tianjin)
Simatai Great Wall
Take bus number 980 from Beijing Dongzhimen Long Distance Bus Station to Miyun County. In Miyun downtown take the local bus to Jinshanling Great Wall. Bus is running between 6.00 – 18.00. Bus Fare 10 Yuan. Mini Bus fare 10 Yuan.
Mutianyu Great Wall
Take bus number 916 from Beijing Dongzhimen Long Distance Bus Station to Huairou Distric. Take the mini bus from Huairou to Mutianyu Great Wall.
Bus is running between 6.00 – 20.00. Bus Fare 12 Yuan. Mini Bus fare 40 Yuan.