Changsha Travel Guide
|Changsha airport, train, hotel, attractions and business|
Changsha is the capital of Hunan province in south-central China. The city has a long cultural history and is nowadays an industrial center. Population of the municipality Changsha is about 6 million people.
Changsha Huanghua International Airport is located in Huanghua Town, 25km from Changsha city centre. It's the largest airport in Hunan Province. Facilities include hotel, shops, restaurants, parking, children's playground, bookstore and VIP service. Changsha Airport has flights to Bangkok, Seoul, Incheon, Taipei and to 40 cities on mainland China. There are 9 different shuttlebus routes from the airport to Changsha. Fare for this bus is 17 Yuan; travel time is 40 minutes. Cheaper is the city bus (60 minutes); fare is 3 Yuan. A taxi to downtown Changsha is 90 Yuan and to Changsha West Bus Station is 120 Yuan. The fares include road and bridge tolls.
The high-speed trains from the railway line Zhengzhou - Guangzhou have a stop in Changsha at the South Railway Station. This station is in the Yuhua district. The Zhengzhou - Guangzhou high-speed line include cities as: Zhenghzhou, Xuchang, Zhumadian, Minggang, Wuhan, Yueyang, Miluo, Changsha, Zhuzhou, Hengyang, Chenzhou, Shaoguan and Guangzhou. The fastest trains from Changsha to Guangzhou are nonstop (G77, G93). The high-speed railway line Shanghai - Kunming in under construction and should be ready in 2014.
Changsha - Yueyang: 34min - 1h.47min (147km)
Changsha - Wuhan: 1h.20min - 6h.11min (362km)
Changsha - Guangzhou: 2h.13min - 9h.38min (707km)
Changsha - Shanghai: 9h.39min - 15h.09min (1173km)
From Changsha - Yueyang is 147km, travel time can be 34 minutes, soft seats are 70-110 Yuan. From Changsha South to Wuhan is 362km; travel time with the high-speed train is 1 hour and 20 minutes. From Changsha South, high speed trains are going to Guangzhou North (660km) & Guangzhou South (707km).
There are 3 long distance bus stations:
- East Bus Station: buses to Nanchang, Xiamen, Hefei, Nanjing and Shanghai
- West Bus Station: buses within Hunan province
- South Bus Station: buses to Guilin and Xianmen
Changsha Xianing New Port is located along the Xiangjiang River. It is one of the 23 main inland ports in China. For international shipping, Shanghai and Shenzhen are the transsit ports. The Changsha Passenger Ship Transportation Center has boat services to Changde, Xiangtan, Xiangyin, Yueyang and several other cities.
- Changsha Jinxia Economic Development Zone located in North Changsha city. Website is www.csjxkfq.com (Chinese/English).
- Changsha High-tech Zone
- Changsha National Economic & Technical Development Zone
- Longping High-tech Park
- Hunan Liuyang Bio-pharmaceutical Park
More information on Changsha development zones: www.csinvest.gov.cn (Chinese/English).
- Crown Plaza City Centre Changsha: in the Wuyi Square area
- Sheraton Changsha Hotel: in the central business district
- Hunan Tongtian Hotel: 3 star hotel near Changsha Railway Station
- Hunan Sanhe Hotel: close to Hunan Provincial Exhibition Center
- Milkyway Hotel: 400 meters from the railway station
- Tianma Hotel: near Hunan University, Hunan Normal University
Kunming - Nanning - Guilin - Dongguan - Hong Kong - Guiyang - Beijing - Chongqing - Shenzhen
Sheraton Changsha Hotel
- village of Shaoshan: hometown of Mao Zedong (130km from Changsha)
- Hunan Provincial Museum
- Yuelu Academy: most ancient academy in China
- Juzi Island: famous island in Xiangjiang River with culture, leisure and entertainment
- Wuyi Square Shopping Circle: most important shopping area downtown
- Huangxin Lu, Zhongshan Lu and Cai'e Lu: main shopping streets
- Tongcheng Plaza: McDonalds, KFC and Pizza Hut
- Hunan Embroidery Building: Wuyi Plaza
- Antiques Market: besides Changsha City Museum
Changsha business district
China City Guides - Redflag.Info 2002-2013