Jilin Travel Guide
|Jilin airport, train, attractions, hotel and business|
Jilin City is the second largest city in Jilin province (after capital Changchun). Jilin Province is located in the central part of northeast China near Russia and North-Korea. The urban population if Jilin City is 2.0 million people. Total population in the municipality is 4.5 million.
The nearest airport is Changchun Longjia International Airport. Flights to Tokyo, Seoul, Sendai, Vladivostok and to the main cities in China. The airport is 70km from Jilin City and 31 km from Changchun. Fare of the shuttle bus to Jilin center is 20-30 Yuan. A taxi to Jilin is about 200 Yuan.
- Jilin City - Changchun: trains daily: journey takes 1h.34min-1h.56min (128km)
- Jilin City - Shenyang: trains daily: journey takes 4h.46min-11h.16min (440km)
- Jilin City - Dalian: trains daily: journey takes 12h.14min-14h.49min (840km)
- Jilin City - Beijing: journey takes 11h.58min-16h.58min (1140km)
The main long distance bus station at 13 Zhongkang Lu, west of the railway station. Several buses every hour to Changchun.
JiLin City High Technology Development Zone is located in Jilin City and divided into six smaller zones. The main zone is the one with the high-tech industry (electronics and pharmaceutical). Other important industries in Jilin are automobiles and fine chemicals. Website of the High Technology Development Zone is www.jlhitech.com (however it didn't work in Dec 2009). Website Department of Commerce of Jilin Province is www.jldofcom.gov.cn (Chinese/English).
- Century Swiss-Belhotel: 5-star hotel near Songhua River
- Empire Garden Hotel: closeby the Songhua River
- Jilin International Hotel: 3-star hotel opposite to the railway station
- Shenzhou Hotel: 3-star hotel, 1km from the exhibition center
- Tianyou Grand Hotel: 2-star hotel, 100 meters to railway station
- Home Inns Taoyuan Road: 500 meters to coach and railway station
- Confucius Temple: one of the four major Confucius temples in China
- Beishan Park: boating, temples, pavilions
- Meteorite Museum: the largest extant meteorite in the world
- Songhua Lake
Yantai - Tianjin - Harbin - Hong Kong - Hohhot - Urumqi - Xian - Shanghai
Swiss-Bel Hotel Jilin
Beidahu Skiing Resort
Jilin Beidahu Skiing Resort was build in 1993 and is an important ski destination in China. The Asian Winter Games was held here once. The resort is located in the Songhuahu Lake Nature Reserve. Distance to Jilin City is 56km and to Changchun airport it is 128km. A taxi from the airport to Beidahu should cost about 400 Yuan. Buses to Beidahu depart from Jilin Passenger Transport Center for 5 times a day at 6.50, 7.20, 8.10, 12.20 and 12.40. Fare is about 20 Yuan.
Highest mountain is 1357m, there are 6 lifts, snow-making machines and the skiing is suitable for beginners to advanced. Beidahu is surrounded by mountains on three sides an can receive up to 3000 visitors every day. The ski season is from November to April. Average temperature in winter is -10.2 C.
The Beidahu Lodge has 200 standard rooms for 500 Yuan per night. Outside Beidahu resort (in the rural area) are much cheaper accommodations. A lift-ticket is 320 Yuan for 1 day including equipment rental.
|Jilin travel & Hotels|
China City Guides -