|Lanzhou Travel Guide||
|Lanzhou airport, train, hotel, attractions|
Lanzhou is the capital of Gansu Province in the northwest of China. The city is an industrial center and important transportation hub. The population is 3.3 million people.
Lanzhou Zhongchuan Airport has flights to main cities in China and to Okinawa and Singapore. Distance form the airport to the city is 70 km. Fare for the airport shuttle bus is 30 Yuan. A taxi is about 140 Yuan.
The main train station is in the southern part of Lanzhou.
- Lanzhou - Xining: trains daily: journey takes 2h.10min - 3h.34min
- Lanzhou - Zhengzhou: trains daily: journey takes 13h.28min - 20h.23min
- Lanzhou - Xian: trains daily: journey takes 7h.33min - 10h.11min
- Lanzhou - Urumqi : trains daily: journey takes 20h.31min - 28h.02min
- Lanzhou - Golmud: 6 trains daily: journey takes 12h.30min
- Lanzhou East Bus Station (No.170 Pingliang Lu): sleeper bus to Xian
- Lanzhou West Bus Station (No.486, Xijin Dong Lu): to Yongjing, Xiahe and Dunhuang
- Gansu Provincial Museum
- Bingling Thousand Buddha Caves
- Lanshan Park
- White Pagoda Hill Park
- Labrang Monastery
- Sunshine Plaza: located on Qingyang Lu in downtown Lanzhou
- Sapphire Hotel: next to Wuquanshan Park
- Lanzhou Leidisen Hotel: located on Lanzhou's West Donggang Road
- JJ Sun Hotel: Situated in Donggangxi Road
- Gansu Cultural Relics Shop (3 Xijin xilu)
- Provincial Arts and Crafts Shop (76 Dongang xilu)
- Gansu Overseas Tourist Department Store (288 Donggang Xi Lu)
- Lanzhou Guofang Baisheng Shopping Center (International Exhibition Center, Dongfanghong Square)
Lanzhou National Economics and Technology Development Zone (LZNETZ). Major industries are: aviation, electronic meter and information, construction materials, food, mechanics and pharmacies. Website of LZNETZ is www.lzeda.gov.cn (Chinese/English).
The City of Lanzhou along the Huang He river (picture Thomas Kraus)
Lanzhou Travel Guide
China City Guides - Redflag.Info 2002-2013