|Maoming Travel Guide||
Maoming is a modern industrial city near the coast in Guangdong Province in China. It consist of 2 districts (Maonan, Maogang), 1 county (Dianbai) and 3 cities (Huazhou, Xinyi, Gaozhou) Total population is 7.2 million people.
Nearest airport is in Zhanjiang (65km). To Baiyun International Airport in Guangzhou is 3 hours driving. Busses to the airports depart from the railway station. Offical website is www.baiyunairport.com
Maoming - Zhanjiang: h.44min (127km)
Maoming - Guangzhou: 4h.20min - 7h.20min (360km)
Maoming - Haikou: 6h.03min - 6h.53min (430km)
- Dongyuan Hotel (4star): located in downtown Maoming
- Garden Hotel Maoming: on South Guanghua Road close to railway- and bus station
- International Hotel (5star): near East Railway Station
- Seaview Bay Hotel (4star): view over the South China Sea
Main industries are petrochemistry, energy, materials, heavy-chemicals, fruit- and vegetable production. Beishanling Port Industrial Zone has deep water and is a major port in Southwest China. The Guangdong Maoming Petrochemical Industrial Zone is the largest oil processing base in China. More business information at http://wjm.maoming.gov.cn and www.maoming.gov.cn (Both sites in English/Chinese).
- Madame Xian Temple
- Baoguan Pagoda
- No.1 Shoal of China Vacation Area: 12km beaches
- Chicken Island: coral reefs and scuba diving
China city guides - Redflag.Info 2002-2013