|Tai'an Travel Guide||
Tai'an is a large city in the middle of Shandong province close to the famous Mountain Tai (Taishan). It consists of two districts (Taishan, Daiyue), two county-level cities (Xintai City, Feicheng City) and two counties (Ningyang, Dongping). Total population of Tai'an is 5.5 million people.
Nearest airport is Yaoqiang international airport in Jinan City. Distance to Tai'an is 80km. There are 6 departures by bus daily from Jinan airport to Tai'an bus station; fare is 60 Yuan. First departure from Jinan airport is 11.00, last departure is 20.30. The bus station in Tai'an is close to the Municipal/City Stadium.
Taishan Railway Station is in Caiyuan Street.
- Tai'an - Jinan: 19 - 24 min (59km)
- Tai'an - Qufu: trains daily: 19-24 min (70km)
- Tai'an - Zibo: 1h 08min (172km)
- Tai'an - Beijing: 1h.51min - 3h.11min (465km)
A journey with the fast train from Jinan West Station to Tainan takes only 20 minutes. Fare for a soft seat is 25-45 Yuan.
There are two main long distance bus stations in Tai'an. The older bus station at Taishan Street/Lingshan Street in Taishan District is the one with the most coaches.
- Ramada Plaza Taian: near Taishan and railway station
- Four Points by Sheraton Tai’an: (opening October 31, 2010)
- Taishan Overseas Chinese Hotel (4star):located at the foot of Mount Tai
- Hanting Express-Tai'an Caiyuanjie Inn (2star): close to bus and train
- Tai'an Hi-tech Industrial Development Zone
- Tai'an Tourism & Economic Development Zone
Main industries are transportation machinery, automobile parts, building materials, metallurgical, fine chemistry, energy and tourism.
- Mount Tai (Taishan): one of the sacred moutains in China. listed as World Cultural Natural Heritage by the UNESCO.
Dalian - Xuzhou - Qingdao - Shijiazhuang - Handan - Nanjing - Shanghai
A gate at the top of the Mount Tai
Shandong Province - China City Guides - Redflag.Info 2002-2013