|Xian Travel Guide||
Xian is a large city in central northwest China. It is one of the Four Great Ancient Capitals of China and one of the oldest cities in Chinese history. The urban population is about 2.7 million people.
Xian Xianyang International Airport is 13km from Xianyang City and 27km to Xian by expressway. Flights to Japan, Bangkok, Seoul, Busan, Taipei and to many major cities in China. Shuttle buses operate between the airport and Xian. The shuttle bus to the Bell Tower in Xian (a main attraction in the center of the city) is running 24h/day. Fare is 25 Yuan per person. Travel time is one hour. A taxi to Xian would cost around 120 Yuan. However taxi drivers often refuse to use the meter but ask passengers high prices to bring them to Xian. Website of airport is www.westaport.com (in Chinese/English).
Xian Railway Station is in the northeast of the city. The foreigners ticket booking office is on the second floor of the train station. Opening hours: 8.30 - 11.30 and 14.30 - 17.30. A taxi from downtown to the railway station is about 15 Yuan. The taxicab rank is in front of the railway station.
Xian - Beijing: 11 trains daily, journey takes 11-13 hours
Xian - Chengdu: 11 trains daily: journey takes 12-18 hours
Xian - Urumqi: 10 trains daily, journey takes 27-39 hours
Xian - Shanghai: 10 night trains daily, journey takes 15-22 hours
All trains rides include one night sleep in the train except 3 trains to Chengdu. These three trains leave Xian at 4.01, 5.17 and 06.25 and arrive in the evening in Chengdu.
The Xian bus station is close to the railway station. Many city buses depart from here to the Terracotta Warriors, Yanan, Lanzhou, Hanzhong and other places.
Luxury hotels in Xian:
- Howard Johnson Ginwa Plaza Hotel: located near the South Gate
- Sofitel on Renmin Square
- Shangri-La Hotel: in the Gaoxin hi-tech development zone
- Shangri-La Golden Flower Hotel
- Kempinski Hotel Xian: located near Jianbei plaza railway station
- Oriental Hotel Xian: close to the Big Wild Goose Pagoda
- Bell Tower Hotel Xian: 100 meters to Drum and Bell Tower, walking distance to airport shuttle bus station
<The Terra Cotta Army
The Terra Cotta Warriors and Horses is the top attraction in Xian and world famous. 8000 statues of soldiers are guarding the mausoleum of China's first Emperor. It was listed by UNESCO in 1987 as one of the world cultural heritages. Admission in peak season is 90 Yuan. Opening hours: 08.00 - 18.00
China travel guides:
- Chongqing - - Hong Kong - - Kunming - - Macau - - Qingdao - - Suzhou
Xian city wall
- Big Wild Goose Pagoda: important Buddhism Pagoda
- Little Wild Goose Pagoda: pagoda in the Jianfu Temple
- Drum Tower: built in 1380
- Bell Tower: built in 1384
- City Wall Xian: the most complete ancient city wall in China
- Great Mosque: one of the oldest and largest Islamic mosques in China
- Shaanxi Provincial Museum: historic and cultural artefacts
- Forest of Stone Steles: museum with large collection of the earliest stone steles
xian hotels, bell tower,airport, bus and train