|Zhuhai Travel Guide||
Zhuhai is a harbor city and one of the five special economic zones in China. Location is nearby to Macau, Guangzhou, Shenzhen and Hong Kong. Population is about 1.5 million people.
Zhuhai Sanzao Airport has flights to Beijing, Shanghai, Xian, Chengdu, Chongqing, Xiamen, Zhengzhou, Wuhan, Jinan, Hefei, Changchun, Haikou and Sanya. Distance form the airport to the city is about 40 km. Fare of the airport bus is 20 Yuan. A taxi is about 100 Yuan. Website of the airport is www.zhairport.com (in Chinese).
There are no railways in Zhuhai yet. The Guangzhou - Zhuhai Light Rail Service should open somewhere in 2010. Till then trains start in Guangzhou.
Zhuhai railway ticket office is in the Haizhou passenger transport station at No.152 Zijing Road (Xiangzhou District).
There are several long distance bus stations in Zhuhai. All stations have buses to Guangzhou. Buses to Guangzhou and Shenzhen are running between 7.00-19.00/20.30. Cheapest fares (35Y) at Zhuhai Long-Distance Bus Station. More luxurious buses at Gongbei Long-Distance Bus Station. Fare Guangzhou/Shenzhen is 55/75 Yuan, several buses every hour.
- Gongbei Long-Distance Bus Station: No.1 Lianhua Road, Gongbei, Xiangzhou District
- Zhuhai Long-Distance Bus Station: No.59 Zijing Road, Xiangzhou District
- Qiguan Long-Distance Bus Station: Shuiwan Road, Gongbei, Xiangzhou District
Zhuhai is an important harbor with natural deep-water ports. It has 8 harbor areas including 3 main passenger ports. Largest is Jiuzhou port. Journey to Guangzhou or Shenzhen Shekou is 1 hour/70 Yuan, to Hong Kong 1 hour and 10 minutes/160 Yuan.
- Jiuzhou Port (599 South Qinglu Road, Xiangzhou District): ships to Hong Kong and Shenzhen (Shekou). Operator is Chu Kong Passenger Transport. Website is www.cksp.com.hk (Chinese/English)
- Doumen Port (Baijiao Town, Doumen District): ships to Hong Kong takes 2hours/140 Yuan
- Wanzai Port (South Nanwan Road, Wanzai, Xiangzhou District): ships to Macau takes 10 minutes/15 Yuan
Website of Zhuhai Port is is www.zhuhai-port.com (in Chinese)
- New Yuan Ming Palace
- Seaside Park
- Meixi Memorial Archways
- Wai Lingding Island
- sightseeing in Macau
- Zhuhai circuit
- Grand Bay View Hotel: 5 star hotel at Jiuzhou Bay; view on Macau
- Holiday Inn Zhuhai: central location
- Tibet Hotel: Chinese and Tibetan styles
- Kingdo Hotel: 3 star hotel situated near Gongbei Port and Jiuzhou Ferry Terminal
- Bai Li Commercial Hotel: 2.5 star hotel near the Zhuhai Shopping Mall and the Guangda International Trade Center Tower
entrance of the Zhuhai Free Trade Zone
Zhuhai has 7 National Development Zones, 5 Provincial Development Zones and 4 other economic development zones. Overview of all zones at: www.investzhuhai.gov.cn (in English/Chinese/Japanese)
Foshan - Hainan - Dongguan - Shenzhen - Chaozhou - Hong Kong
Guangzhou - Huizhou - Guiyang
|Zhuhai travel China|
China city guides - Redflag.Info 2002-2013