Kaifeng Travel Guide
|Kaifeng transportation, hotels and attractions|
Kaifeng is a famous historic and cultural city in Henan Province. It is one of the seven ancient capital cities of China. Nearby (10km) is the Yangtze River. Population is 4 million people; the urban population is about 800.000.
Kaifeng has no airport. Nearest airport is in capital Zhengzhou (55km). Shortest way from Zhengzhou Airport to Kaifeng is to buy a ticket for one of the minibuses at the airport (100 Yuan/55km). Other way is to travel first with the airport shuttle bus to Zhengzhou City (10 Yuan/30km) and then with another bus to Kaifeng (15 Yuan/70km).
Kaifeng Railway Station is located at southern section of Zhongshan Street.
- Kaifeng - Zhengzhou: trains daily: journey takes 28min - 1h.18min
- Kaifeng - Luoyang: trains daily: journey takes 2h.19min - 3h.40min
- Kaifeng - Xian: trains daily: journey takes 6h.42min - 10h.01min
- Kaifeng - Beijing: trains daily: journey takes 12h.00min - 12h.27min
- Bus to Kaifeng from Zhengzhou East Long Distance Bus Station cost 15 Yuan.
- Kaifeng Bus Station is located near the railway station at No. 353, southern section of Zhongshan Street.
- Dragon Pavilion
- Millennium City Park
- Xiangguo Temple
- Shanshangan Guild Hall
- Iron Pagoda: oldest landmark in the city (build in 1049)
- Memorial Temple of Lord Bao
- Kaifeng Museum
Kaifeng Economic & Technological Development Zone is a provincial development zone established in 1992. Website is http://henan.ccpit.org/baixianzhaoshang/kaifeng/kaifengkaifaqu/indexe.html
Tianjin - Anyang - Xinyang - Zhoukou - Nanyang - Pingdingshan - Wuhan - Shanghai
New Century Grand Hotel Kaifeng
- Zhongzhou International Hotel: 5 star courtyard hot spring hotel
- Kaifeng Hotel: 3 star accommodation 500m from Daxiangguo Temple
- JinYuan KaiYue Hotel: located near Memorial Temple of Lord Bao
- New Century Grand Hotel: 5 star hotel at Kai Feng economy and technology development zone
|Henan Province - China city guides - Redflag.Info 2002-2012|