Tianjin Travel Guide
Tianjin is the third largest city in China and one of the four Chinese municipalities directly governed by the China central government. Its location is near to Beijing (130km) and the coast (40km). The urban population is about 6 million people.
Binhai International Airport has flights to Japan, Korea and to several cities in China. At the airport is China's largest air cargo terminal. Binhai airport is 13km away from Tianjin city center. The airport provides a bus service to Beijing Airport; he first bus starts at 05.00. Shuttle buses from the airport to the Air China office on Nanjing Road (World Trade Building) and to Tianjin Railway Station (high-speed train). Fare is about 16 Yuan.
- Tianjin Railway Station (main station)
- Tianjin West Station
- Tianjin South Train Station
- Tianjin North Train Station
- Tanggu Railway Station (in Tanggu District)
About 75 trains run every day between Tianjin and Beijing. The distance between both cities is 115km. The majority of the trains to Beijing are high-speed trains leaving from Tianjin Railway Station and arriving at Beijing South Railway Station. Their speed is 350km/h. Travel time is only 30 minutes.
Regular trains with normal speed (travel time 1h.30min) are running day and night (between 00.00 and 6.00 allmost every hour one train). These regular trains depart from Tianjin West Station and arrive at Beijing Central Station.
From Beijing South Station are 5 highspeed trains to Tanggu Station if you want to go to a cruiseboat. At Tanggu Station you should be able to catch a bus or taxi to the cruise terminal.
There are yet 3 metro lines. In 2010 a few other lines should be completed.
The light rail is 45km long and the longest in China. The line is connecting Tianjin downtown, Hedong District, Dongli District, Tanggu District, TEDA and Tianjin Free Trade Zone. The train operates from 06.00 to 21.00. The route is: Zhongshanmen - Yihaoqiao - Erhaoqiao - Xinli -Dongli Economic Development Area - Xiaodongzhuang - Junliangcheng - Tianjin Pipe Corporations - Hujiayuan - Tanggu - TEDA - Citizen Plaza - Binhai International Convention and Exhibition Center - Donghai Road.
The TEDA stands for Tianjin Economic-Technological Development Area. It is an area of 27 square kilometers with enterprises, port and residential areas. It was one of earliest approved development zones in China. Many foreign multinationals have invested in TEDA. To name a few: Toyota, Motorola, Samsung, Honeywell, Akzo Nobel, Exxon, Volkswagen and Nestle.
TEDA has several sub-zones:
- TEDA (the first park: established in 1984)
- TEDA MIP (Xiqing): Micro Electronics Industry Park (1996)
- TEDA YSP: Yat-sen Scientific Industry Park (1996)
- TEPZ: Tianjin Export Processing Zone (established in 2000 in the TEDA)
- TEDA West: expansion of TEDA (2003)
- TEDA MIP (Jinnan): Micro Electronics Industry Park (2003)
- Nangang Industrial Zone (2009)
Distance to downtown Tianjin is 40km, to Tianjin airport 38km and to Beijing 130km. Inside the TEDA are expressways and an extensive transportation network. Official English website is http://en.investteda.org
Binhai New Area (TBNA)
Binhai New Area is a Special Economic Zone (SEZ) located on the Eastern coast. It includes Tanggu District, Hangu District, Dagang district and 8 industry functional zones. It will be developed in a shipping center and an international logistic hub (port and airport of Tianjin are both in Binhai). The resident population of Binhai is planned to be 1.4 million people. With the Tianjin-Beijing highspeed train it takes 50 minutes to Beijing. Official website of Binhai is: http://en.bh.gov.cn
Tianjin port is located in the Binhai New Area, 5km from TEDA. It is the largest cargo port in North China. In the Tanggu District is the Tianjin cruise terminal. Five highspeed trains are running every day from Beijing to Tanggu Railway Station. Travel time is 54minutes. Official website of Tianjin port is www.ptacn.com (in Chinese)
Tianjin skyline (photograph from Wikipedia)
- Dabeiyuan Monastery: largest Buddhist monastery in Tianjin
- Confucius Temple
- Ancient Culture Street: near Confucius Temple
- Shenyang Road Antique Market: hundreds of stands and shops
- Art Museum
- Great Mosque: important Islamic Mosque Qing Dynasty
- Great Wall at Huangya Pass: 120 km from Tianjin
- Mount Panshan
Top five star hotels:
- Hyatt Regency Jing Jin City Resort (standard room 900 Yuan)
- Hotel Nikko (Superior room 800 Yuan)
- Sheraton Tianjin Hotel (Deluxe room 800 Yuan)
Hotels in the TEDA District:
- Teda International Hotel and Club (King room 690 Yuan)
- Teda Central Hotel (Standard room 460 Yuan)
- Century Teda Hotel (Single room 370 Yuan)
Hotels in the Binhai New Area:
- Crowne Plaza Tianjin Binhai (Deluxe room 945 Yuan)
- Holliday Inn Express Tianjin Binhai
- Huizhong Hotel (Executive Single Room 530 Yuan)
- Tianjin Mayfair Hotel (Business room 450 Yuan)
- Binhai International Airport Hotel (Standard room 400 Yuan)
- Victory Hotel - near Tanggu station (standard room 290 Yuan)
Dalian - Qingdao - Hohhot - Shanghai - Nanjing Shenyang - - Fuzhou - China city guides