Mianyang is the second largest city in Sichuan Province in China.
Mianyang includes 2 districts (Fucheng, Youxian), 5 counties (Anxian, Pingwu,Santai, Yanting, Zitong), 1 county-level city (Jiangyou) and 1 autonomous county (Beichuan Qiang Autonomous County).
Total population of Mianyang is 5.3 million people; urban population is about 600.000
Mianyang Airport is located 10km from the city.
Direct flights to Beijing, Shanghai, Guangzhou, Shenzhen and Kunming.
- Mianyang - Chengdu: daily trains; journey takes 1h.34min - 2h.26min (115km)
- Mianyang - Xian daily trains; journey takes 11h.05min - 16h.07min (730km)
- Fulejiuzhou International Hotel (5star): near Fuleshan scenic area
- Hot Spring Hotel (4star): situated on Qianfo Mountain
- Mianzhou Hotel (4star) : located in the city center
Mianyang High-Tech Industrial Development Zone is close to the city and 8km from the airport.
It consist of several parks.
The main industries are biopharmaceuticals, new materials, automobiles, auto parts and electronic information.
Official website is gaoxinqu.my.gov.cn (in Chinese).
- Wanglang National Nature Reserve
- Yuntai Taoist Temple
- Douchui Mountain