|Baotou Travel Guide||
Baotou is the largest industrial city in Inner Mongolia located along the Yellow River. Capital city of Inner Mongolia is Hohhot. The urban population of Baotou is about 1.3 million.
Baotou Airport has flights to Beijing, Shanghai, Taiyuan, Guangzhou, Hohhot, Chengdu and Shenyang. The airport is located in Donghe District about 3 km from East Railway Station and 23 km from the city center. There is no airport bus. A taxi to the East Station is 10 Yuan; to the city center about 60 Yuan.
Boatou has two main railway stations: distance between them is 16km.
+ Baotou East Railway Station (located in Donghe District)
+ Baotou Railway Station (located in Kundulun District)
- Baotou East - Baotou: 17min-22min (16km)
- Baotou - Hohhot: 1h.22min-3h.15min (165km)
- Baotou - Xian: 10h-14 hours (900km)
- Baotou - Lanzhou: 16-17 hours (980km)
The fastest train from from Baotou East to Hohhot takes 1 hour and 22 minutes. Hard seat fare is 25 Yuan, soft seat is 40 Yuan.
There are 2 long distance bus stations:
- Baotou New Long-Distance Bus Station: near the East Railway Station
- Baotou Long-Distance Bus Station: intersection of Tuanjie Da Jie and Sanba Lu
- Resonant Sand Bay: desert with camel rides, 50km of Baotou
- Meidaizhao Lamasery: 80km of Boatou
- Mausoleum of Genghis Khan: 3 palaces, 185km of Baotou
- Great Wall of the Qin Dynasty
- Wudangzhao Lamasery: largest Tibetan Lamasery in Inner Mongolia, 70km
- Shangri-La Hotel Baotou: downtown near Yinhe Square
- Haide Hotel: luxury hotel adjacent to the city hall
- Shenhua International Hotel: in the center
Dalian - Datong - Hangzhou - Hong Kong travel - Suzhou - Tianjin - Zhengzhou -
Shangri La Hotel Baotou
Baotou Xingsheng Economic & Technological Development Zone. Main industries are iron and steel, aluminum, equipment manufacturing and electricity. Website is www.xsjjkfq.cn (in Chinese).
China City Guides - Redflag.Info 2002-2013