Xian is a big city in the northwest of China. It is one of the four major ancient capitals of China and one of the oldest cities in Chinese history. About 6.5 million people live there. The biggest attraction in Xian is the terracotta army. There are 8000 of clay soldiers in the great hall. It has been on the UNESCO World Heritage List since 1987
Another major attraction in Xian is the Drum Tower in the city center.
The bell tower dates from 1384. Originally the tower was next to the Drum Tower but in 1582 the Bell Tower was moved 1000 meters.
Also nice is strolling through the market streets. There are so many restaurants and stalls.
– Big Wild Goose Pagoda: important Buddhism Pagoda
– Little Wild Goose Pagoda: pagoda in the Jianfu Temple
– Drum Tower: built in 1380
– Bell Tower: built in 1384
– City Wall Xian: the most complete ancient city wall in China
– Great Mosque: one of the oldest and largest Islamic mosques in China
– Shaanxi Provincial Museum: historic and cultural artefacts
– Forest of Stone Steles: museum with large collection of the earliest stone steles
The airport bus that runs to the center is cheap and easy.
Xian hotels & hostels
– Eastern House Boutique Hotel (2544 reviews, 9.5)
– Grand Soluxe Hotel Xi’an (300 meter from airportbus, 500 m from trainstation)
– Hantang Inn Hostel (1249 reviews, 8.9)
– Xi’an Xiangzimen Youth Hostel (1077 reviews, 8.7)