|Dalian Travel Guide||
Dalian is a large coastal city in Northeast China near North Korea. The city is located at Liaodong Peninsula facing the Bohai Sea on one side and the Yellow Sea on the other side. Dalian focuses on industry, trade and tourism. The beaches are famous and attracts lots of tourists from China, Korea and Russia. The urban population is 3.5 million people.
Dalian Zhoushuizi International Airport has flights to Japan, Korea, Taipei and the main cities in China. Distance to the city is 10 km. Fare of the airport bus is 5 Yuan. A taxi is about 20 Yuan. A public bus from the airport to the city is 1 Yuan. Website of the airport is www.dlairport.com (in Chinese/English).
The central railway station is located next to Shengli (Victory) Square in downtown Dalian.
- Dalian - Shenyang: 1h.30min-6h.07min (378km)
- Dalian - Harbin: 3h.30min-13h.56min (921km)
- Dalian - Beijing: 7h.37min-11h.30min (1103km)
The high-speed trains to Shenyang/Harbin have soft seats and a limited number of VIP-seats with touchscreen television panels. Fare of a VIP seat Dalian-Shenyang is about 330 Yuan; soft seats cost 174-282 Yuan. Soft seat to Harbin is 404-646 Yuan. Train G67 operates nonstop between Dalian North and Shenyang North. The G67 starts in Dalian at 14.00, arrives in Shenyang North at 15.30, next station is Changchun (16.34) and terminal station is Harbin West (17.30). Most high-speed trains make stops in Yingkou and Anshan.
The trains from Dalian to Beijing make stops in Yingkou, Anshan, Liaoyang, Shenyang, Huludao and Beidaihe.
light rail - Jinshitan
There is a light rail between downtown Dalian (closeby Dalian Railway Station) and Pebble Beach in the national tourist spot Jinshitan. The line is 50km and has 12 stops including Dalian Bay, Dalian Development Area, Tax Protection District and DD Port. The whole ride takes about 50 minutes. Fare is 8 Yuan.
Dalian Port is an important trading port in China. It's ice-free and has deep waters. It is a major bulk cargo transshipment center and has large terminals for crude oil, mineral and grain. Cargos are transported to the Middle East, South Asia, North America and Europe. Dalian Port also has a large Ro-Ro passenger carcenter, distribution center and container terminal. Official website is: www.portdalian.com (only in Chinese)
Dalian Harbor Passenger Terminal is at the northern end of Wuwu Lu, in the east of Dalian.
- Ferry Dalian - Incheon (South Korea)
Departure is from Dalian Port Station at Monday, Wednesday and Friday around 16.00
Arrival in Incheon at 10.00
Tickets must be purchased in advance. Room rates per person: economy 920 Yuan (16-56 people in room), first class 1320 Yuan (4-6 people in room) and VIP 1848 Yuan (2 people in room). (Rates could be a bit higher; maybe these prices are excluding taxes/special offer) Korean ferry website is www.dainferry.co.kr
- Bohai Train Ferry
This train ferry connects Dalian with Yantai over the Bohai Sea. Yantai is a large fishing seaport in the province Shandong and a popular tourist destination in the summer. The ferry is 35km from Dalian. Several departures every day. Cheapest fare is 180 Yuan, first class is 680 Yuan. Official website of the train ferry is www.sbtf.com.cn (in Chinese, use Google translate)
- Ferry Dalian - Tianjin (Tanggu)
Tanggu port is about 40km from Tianjin. Closeby is Tanggu railway station with trains to Beijing and Tianjin. Website is www.dlpazl.com (in Chinese)
- Dalian's Economic & Technological Development Area was established in 1984. Major industries are petrochemical industry, manufacturing, shipbuilding industry, auto parts and food processing. The Development Zone be reached with the light rail from Central Railway Station.
- Dalian World Expo Center: www.dl-expo.com
- Dalian Import & Export Commodity Fair
- Tianjin Street: lots of International brand special shops
- Tuanjie Street (north of Shengliqiao): Russian style shops
- shoppings centers:
*Dalian Market: in Qingniwaqiao, a main department store of the Dashang Group
*Victory Plaza: in Qingniwaqiao, 5-star international shopping center
*Heping Square: large American style shopping mall
*Friendship Shopping Center: tourist shopping store at Renmin Road
*Dalian Jinhui Shopping Center: 667 Huanghe Road, Shahekou District
Dalian city view
hotels near the beaches:
- Zhongxia Garden Hotel: near Dalian's bathing beach
- Bangchui Island Hotel: inside Bangchui Island scenic area
- Dalian Regent Hotel: next to Laohutan
- Hai Huan Hotel: close to Fujiazhuang beach
- Furama Hotel: next to the harbor ferry passenger terminal
- Grand Mercure Teda Dalian
- Mercure Teda Hotel Dalian
- Shangri-La Hotel in Renmin Road
- Kempinski Hotel in downtown Dalian
- Laohutan Ocean Park: Tiger Park, Singing Birds Woods, Tiger Square and Aquarium
- Jinshitan Scenic Area: Golden Pebble Beach Resort, 50km from Dalian
- Xinghai Square: huge square
The large Dalian beaches are a national tourist attraction in China:
- Jinshatan Beach: 50km from Dalian
- Xinghai Bay beach and Xinghai Golden Beach: free urban beaches
- Fujiazhuang Beach
- Bangchuidao Scenic Area: 9km from Dalian
- Xiajia Hezi Beach: 16km from Dalian
- International Fashion Festival: big event (1 week in September)
- Spring Festival Fireworks & Firecrackers Gathering: (in February)
- International Beer Festival: breweries from Germany, Japan, Russia (in July)
- Acacia Festival: seven-day festival (from May.25 to May 31)
Yantai - Jilin - Guangzhou - Qingdao - Shanghai - Chengdu - Xian
China City Guides - Redflag.Info 2002-2013