internet in China
- China Education and Research Network (CERNET)
- China Science and Technology Network (CSTNet)
- Ministry of Post and Telecommunication (ChinaNET)
- China Golden Bridge Network (ChinaGBN)
By 2010, China will have more than 250 million Internet users.
A large majority of the youth under 24, use internet.
Beijing has hundreds (thousands) of small internet cafes.
In 2004, we paid 4 yuan per hour in such an internet cafe.
In China, Google has 2 versions of its searchengine:
- Google.com in the Chinese language
CNNIC takes orders from the Ministry of Information Industry while while the organization is administratively operated by Chinese Academy of Sciences (CAS).
- Domain Name Registry Service
- IP Address and Autonomous System Number (AS Number) Allocation Service
- Catalogue Database Service
- Technical Researches on Internet Addressing
- Internet Survey and Relevant Information Services
- International Liaison and Policy Research
Address: 4, South 4th Street, Zhongguancun,
Haidian district, Beijing 100080, China
POB: Beijing 349, Branch 6
FAX: +86-10-62559892, 62651707