Turpan Travel Guide
Turpan is a city in Xinjiang Uyghur Autonomous Region in the northwest of China. The city is 150km from capital Urumqi. The population is 500.000 people. About 70% of the people is Uyghur, 22% is Han Chinese.
Turpan Jiaohe Airport opened in 2010 and is 10km from the city centre. It's a small airport and with 154 meters below sea level, it is world's lowest altitude airport. Much larger is Urumqi International Airport (220km). An expressway connects Turpan with Urumqi Airport. Travel time with the bus is 2 hours. Jiaohe Airport is a good alternative airport because there are often snow and fog at Urumqi Airport.
Turpan Railway Station is located in Daheyan County, 50 km from the city center. The bus station is near the railway station. Bus fare to the center is 5 Yuan. Buses are running from 7.00 till 20.00 at night. A taxi is 80 Yuan.
- Turpan - Urumqi: trains daily, journey takes 1h.56min - 2h.52min (145km)
- Turpan - Kashgar: trains daily, journey takes 22h.47min - 29h.32min (1445km)
- Turpan - Xian: trains daily: journey takes 26h.54min - 34h.53min (2425km)
Daheyan Bus Station is the bus station at the railway station.
Turpan Bus Station is located on Old City Road. From this station leave buses to Urumqi.
- Grape Valley - Ancient City of Gaochang
- Ancient City of Jiaohe
- Flaming Mountain
- Turpan Museum
- Jiaotong Hotel: next to the long distance bus station
- Oasis Hotel: in downtown Turpan
- Petroleum Hotel (5star): close to Turpanís main square
|China city guides - Redflag.Info 2002-2012|