Shopping in Wangfujing Beijing
Wangfujing is the main shopping street in Beijing. It’s near Tiananmen Square and the Forbidden City. In the immediate neighbourhood are many 4 and 5 star hotels. In Wangfujing, you will find several shopping malls and department stores. A few of them are huge such as the Oriental Plaza. Inside the malls are besides shops also restaurants with Chinese-, Japanese-, Asian food and fastfood chains like McDonalds and Pizzahut. Other shops in Wangfujing include the Swiss Watch Repair Center, Green House Store, Quanjude Roast Duck Restaurant, KFC, clothing stores, jewelry, a large book store of 6 floors, small souvenir shops and restaurants. Bars, cafe’s, disco’s and clubs are located in Sanlitun Bar Street as in the Hou Hai Bar Area near Beihai Park. Nightclubs can also be found in the international hotels.
At the beginning of Wangfujing Street is the taxi stand. When Wangfujing close (22.00) allmost all taxi’s don’t use their meters but ask a fixed price higher than the standard fare. Near the taxicab rank is a subway station.
Hotels near Wangfujing
– Prime Hotel Beijing (5 stars, 5068 reviews, 8.1)
– Beijing 161 Wangfujing Hotel (3 stars, 2042 reviews, 8.1)
– Park Plaza Wangfujing (4 stars, 1964 reviews, 8.8)
– Novotel Beijing Peace (4 stars, 1490 reviews, 7.8)
– Regent Beijing (5 stars, 721 reviews, 8.6)
– Hotel Crowne Plaza Wangfujing (5 stars, 589 reviews, 7.6)
– Grand Hotel Beijing (5 stars, 544 reviews, 8.1)
– Hilton Beijing Wangfujing (5 stars, 375 reviews, 8.6)
– Raffles Beijing Hotel (5 stars, 354 reviews, 9.0)
– Grand Hyatt Beijing (5 stars, 242 reviews, 8.6)