Tangshan Travel Guide
Tangshan is an important coastal city along the Bohai Bay in Hebei province. Distance to Beijing is 180km and to Tianjin is 120km. In 1976, a large part of the city was destroyed by an earthquake. The official death toll was 255.000 people. Nowadays Tangshan is an industrial center and modern city. The urban population is 3 million people.
Tangshan Sannuhe Airport is 20km from the city. It's a small airport with flights to Xian, Shijiazhuang, Shanghai, Guangzhou, Kunming and Sanya.
- Tangshan - Tianjin: trains dailey, journey takes 1h.07min - 2h.44min
- Tangshan - Shenyang: trains dailey, journey takes 3h.21min - 9h.15min
- Tangshan - Beijing: trains dailey, journey takes 58min - 3h.48min
Since July 2009, fast D-trains stop at Tangshan North Station. It takes only 58 minutes to travel from Beijing to Tangshan.
- From Tianjian Bus Station (address Tongbei Lu, near Dahutong Market, in Hongqiao District), there is a bus service to Tangshan. Fare is about 40 Yuan.
- From Beijing Liuliqiao Long-Distance Bus Station (address A1, Liuliqiao Nan Li, Fengtai District) bus to Tangshan.
- From Beijing Sihui Long-Distance Bus Station (address No.68, Jianguo Lu, Chaoyang District) bus to Tangshan.
The Jingtang Port and Caofeidian Port were merged in 2005 into a single facility named Tangshan Port. Caofeidian, located at the southern coastal area of Tangshan, is an emerging industrial zone. Caofeidian is the flagship of Tangshan’s coastal economy. The main industries in Tangshan are steel, energy resources, construction material, equipments manufacturing and petrochemicals. Tangshan wants to upgrade and develop the Four-point One-zone (Caofeidian New District, Laoting New District, Fengnan Coastal Industrial Zone, Luhan Economic and Technological Development Zone).
- Website is http://en.tangshan.gov.cn/index.asp
- Website of the Jintang seaport is www.jtport.com.cn
Tangshan International Convention and Exhibition Center is near Jianshe Road.
- Eastern Royal Tombs of the Qing Dynasty
- Moon Lump Island of Laoting County
- Tangshan Earthquake Memorial Hall
- Laoting Golden Sands Island
- Jingzhong Mountain in Qianxi
- Nanhu Park
- Jinjiang International Hotel (5 star): 500m from train station
- Jinfeng Business Hotel: near Exhibition Center and Tangshan Yuanyang Shopping Center
- Changsheng International Hotel: in Changli's Jingtang Port Development Zone
- Kaiyuan Hotel (2 star): located in the bustling city center
Dalian - Jinan - Taiyuan - Jilin
|China City Guides - Redflag.Info 2002-2012|