|Kashgar Travel Guide||
Kashgar is a wellknown city in Xinjiang Uyghur Autonomous Region. Location is in Northwest China between Tibet, Mongolia, Tajikistan, Pakistan and Kyrgyzhstan. The population is a mix of Uyghurs, Han Chinese, Kyrgyz, Tajiks and Uzbeks. About 300.000 people live in Kashgar.
Kashgar Airport is 15km from the city. Flights to Urumqi, Hong Kong and international flights to Kirghizia, Islamabad and Uzbekistan. Shuttle bus to town is 10 Yuan; a taxi is about 25 Yuan.
Kashgar Railway Station is on Renmin East Road.
- Kashgar - Turpan: trains daily: journey takes 22h.10min - 30h.16min (1445km)
- Kashgar - Urumqi: trains daily: journey takes 24h.26min - 32h.37min (1588km)
International Bus Station is on Jie Fang Nan Lu.
Buses to Korla, Kuqa, Turpan, Urumqi, Pakistan and Kyrgyzstan (visa/permit).
The Kashgar Bus Station at Tiannan Lu has buses to Hetian, Yecheng and Tashikurgan.
- Maitian International Youth Hostel
- Xinlong Hotel (3star): near the river and East Lake Park
- Kashi Tianyuan International Hotel (4star)
Kashgar is a trading center. The Mal Bazaar and Yengi Bazaar are an important source of income in Kashgar. Products: vegetables, food, livestock, handicrafts, cloths and carpets.
Beijing - Lhasa - Xining - Xian - Lanzhou - Hohhot
- Id Kah Mosque: the largest mosque in China
- Old Town
- Tomb of Abakh Khoja: holy Muslim place
- Tomb of Mahmud Kashgari: mosque and spring in Upal City
- Statue of former Chinese leader Mao Zedong
|China City Guides - Redflag.Info 2002-2012|