Harbin Travel Guide
|airport, train, attractions, ice festival, hotels|
Harbin is the largest city in Heilongjiang Province in the Northeast of China near Korea and Russia. Harbin is famous worldwide for its International Ice and Snow Sculpture Festival. Total population is allmost 10 million people; urban population is 4.7 million.
Harbin Taiping International Airport has many domestic flights and international flights to Russia, South Korea, Los Angeles, Singapore, Malaysia and Japan. Location of the airport is 33 km from Harbin, shuttle bus fare is 20 Yuan. A taxi to the city is about 100 Yuan.
High speed trains from Harbin to Shenyang and Changchun depart from railway station Harbin West.
- Harbin - Changchun: 55min - 4 hours
- Harbin - Shenyang: 1h58min -9 hours
- Harbin - Tianjin: 8-19 hours
- Harbin - Beijing: 8-17 hours
- Harbin - Dalian: 3.30min - 13 hours
- Harbin - Yabuli Ski Resort: 3 hours
Harbin Ice and Snow Festival
World famous festival, held every year in several places in Harbin: in Harbin Ice and Snow World, Sun Island Park, Zhaolin Park and Yabuli Ski Resort. In 2010 the festival starts from the end of December 2009 till somewhere in February 2010. Ice sculpture artists (and fans) from the whole world come to Harbin around that time to make sculptures of ice and snow. Sculptures of all sizes often with coloured lights inside them which create a fairytale atmosphere.
Yabuli Ski Resort
The largest and best ski resort in China. Distance is 195km from Harbin. From Harbin Railway Station is a train service to Yabuli Train Station. The ski resort is closeby. Harbin Longyun Passenger Station has tour buses to Yabuli. Departure times of the bus from Harbin: 07.20, 10.00, 13.20 and 15.50. Travel time with the bus is 3 hours. Yabuli has 2 large ski areas and one smaller for beginners. Official website is www.yabuliski.com (in Chinese)
- Sun Island Park: large recreational center: sports, swimming, gardens
- Siberia Tigers Park: on Sun Island
- Central Street (Zhongyang Dajie): pedestrian shopping street in European style houses
Harbin Development Zone (HDZ)
- Harbin Economic and Technological Development Zone
-Harbin High and New Technological Development Zone
Major industries in the Harbin Development Zone are: automobile and auto parts, agricultural product processing companies, medicine industry and electronics. More business info at www.hecpb.gov.cn/english/index.php
Jinan - Shijiazhuang - Taiyuan - Yinchuan - Hohhot - Xian - Zhengzhou - Beijing skiing
Gloria Hotel Harbin located on Central Avenue right beside the Songhua River
luxury hotels downtown Harbin:
- Harbin Friendship Palace Hotel: close to Central Avenue
- Holiday Inn Harbin City Centre: in business district
- Shangri-La Hotel Harbin: facing to The Great Ice and Snow World
- Gloria Plaza Hotel: located at the end of Central Avenue
- Daoli District's downtown area: large department stores and shops
- Diduan Lu and Zhongyang Dajie: streets with large department stores
- Sino-Russian Market: 30.000 square meters indoor and outdoor business halls with crafts and souvenirs. The market has 2.500 stands.
Heilongjiang Province - China city guides - Redflag.Info 2002-2013