Yichang Travel Guide
YichangYichang is city in in Hubei province in Central China. Location is along the Yangtze River roughly between Wuhan and Chongqing. Yichang has been renowned as 'Gateway to the Three Gorges'. The population in urban Yichang is about 1.5 million people.
Yichang Three Gorges Airport has flights to Guangzhou, Shenzhen, Beijing, Xian, Hangzhou, Shanghai-Pudong, Shanghai-Hongqiao, Wuhan, Chengdu and Chongqing. Some flights are daily, other flights are a few times in one week. The airport is located in Xiaoting District, 26km from Yichang and 55km from the Three Gorges Dam. Fare of the airport shuttle bus to the city is 20 yuan, taxi is about 80-100 Yuan. A taxi from Yichang Airport to New Century Pier (cruise port) is about 120 Yuan. Distance is 40km.
Yichang cruise portCruise ships can sail two ways: up to Chongqing or down to Shanghai along the Yangtze River. The Yichang Port is one of the eight largest ports on the Yangtze River and has 6 wharfs for containers, cargo and cruise boats. Many Yangtze cruise ships berth at the New Century Pier. A taxi from Yichang Long Distance Bus Station to the New Century Pier is about 50 yuan. A taxi from the airport to the New Century Pier is about 120 Yuan.
- Yichang - Wuhan (Wuchang): 4h.34min
- Yichang - Wuhan (Hankou): 4h.50min
- Yichang - Chongqing: 9h.43min - 12h05min
- Yichang - Shanghai: 8h07min - 23h.20min
Yichang is about 320km away from Wuhan. Buses from Wuhan to Yichang cruise terminal depart from several long distance bus stations:
- Xinhua Lu Long Distance Bus Station: in Hankou District
- Fujiapo Long Distance Bus Station: at No.262, Wuluo Road, Wuchang District
- Jinjiadun Long Distance Bus Station: in Hankou District
Fare is between 95-140 Yuan depending the model of bus. Departures at least every hour once.
There are three bus stations in Yichang: Yichang Bus Station, Dagongqiao Bus Station and Haitong Bus Station. Yichang Bus Station is the largest and is located south of the railway station. Address is No.126 Dongshan Dadao, Xiling District. Journey Yichang to Wuhan takes about 5 hours.
- Golden Lion Hotel: located at the mouth of the Xiling Gorge
- Boja Art Hotel: located on Dongshan Dadao near main bus station
- Yichang Three Gorges Xiba Hotel: on Xiba Island near Gezhou Dam
Tourists travelling on a cruise ship upstream through the Yangtze Gorges
- Three Gorges Dam: world's largest dam and hydropower plant
- Tree Gorges: scenery area along the Yangtze river of 192km
- Xiling Gorge: the longest gorge of the Three Gorges
- The other two gorges are: Wuxia Gorge and Qutang Gorge
- Shennong Stream
- Gezhou Dam
China travelBeijing - Chengdu - Dalian - Datong - Emeishan - Guangzhou - Guilin - Hangzhou - Hong Kong - Leshan - Nanjing - Ningbo - Qingdao - Shangri-la - Shanghai - Shenzhen - Suzhou - Xiamen - Xian - Yangtze cruise - China city guides - HOME
China city guides - Redflag.Info 2002-2012